UNIVERSITY OF EXCELLENCE
University of the future
ACTION - SECTION 1
The devil does NOT want you to have this module.
Print at least two (2) copies of it and place one copy with your important papers so that you will always have it available. If you don't need it now, you will some day. This module has you covered!
Action is the process of doing something to achieve an aim. Actions speak louder than goals because what one does means more than what one plans. Goals are good, but without action they are infertile and sterile . . . they are uninspired and uninventive. I believe in setting goals, and I have taught the importance of goal setting for 40 years. However, there are times in your life and ministry where you will have to FORCE YOUR SELF to take . . . or possibly, maintain . . . action. That is what this module is about!
I want you to burn the following scriptures into your mind:
"Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded." [2 Chronicles 15:7]
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." [1 Corinthians 15:58]
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." [Galatians 6:9]
There is a time to rest, there is a time to heal, there is a time to reflect, there is a time to regroup . . . however, let God lead you in these times. Be led of the Spirit in these times just as you are in the days of battle. Never quit! As we studied in Module 1 of The Art and Principles of Christian Warfare, we only regroup so that we may advance in battle more powerfully and effectively.
Recently I have been studying the life of King David again. I felt as though I were with him. I almost cried when reading and reflecting upon the consequences of his sin. It is plain to see where David's problem started:
"And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem." [2 Samuel 11:1]
Lust, adultery, murder, fourfold judgment on his family: these were the results of NOT going to war at the time of year when the other kings went to battle. In this Module 7: "Action," I am going to help you make sure that NEVER happens in your life.
It is interesting to notice that things turned around for King David after HE turned around. In 2 Samuel 18:1-4 we read that, "David numbered the people that were with him, and set captains of thousands and captains of hundreds over them." David then split the warriors up into three parts under the leadership of his top three generals, and said to the people, "I will surely go forth with you myself also." But the people said to him, "You shall not go forth (with us) . . . for you are worth ten thousand of us . . . it is better that you aid us from the city." And David answered, "What seems best to you I will do."
Notice that David's intent was to go to battle with his army; this is what is important: the intent of the heart. He had learned his lesson the hard way. Never stop fighting, at least in the intent of your heart. You must MAINTAIN a "warrior" mentality. You must have spiritual and mental control of the situation at all times. Even in times of "R and R" (rest and recreation) you must maintain a warrior attitude and be listening to God for instructions about the future battle(s).
Your job is to constantly appropriate victory through faith as you listen to and obey the voice of the Spirit for the glory of God.
YOU CAN NOT STOP FIGHTING . . . EVER!
IF YOU DON'T QUIT . . . YOU WILL WIN,
BUT IF YOU QUIT, YOU CAN'T WIN!
This is a message for many of God's workers. Many people either:
1. Have not fulfilled their heart's desires in their life's calling (including ministry desires);
2. Are not enjoying their work (including ministry); or,
3. Have been (or are being) beaten up by the enemy (and, sometimes by God's children).
Whenever asked about the secret of his success, real estate developer and billionaire, Donald Trump, always answers, "Do what you enjoy!"
It's true. We must be excited about our work . . . especially Christians and those in God's work.
The purpose of this Module 7 ["Action"] is to both CHALLENGE you and HELP you:
1. Enjoy your work;
2. Do what you want; and,
3. Maintain victory so that you can always take action.
Be the person you always wanted to be . . . make it happen!
King Solomon said, "There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul [enjoy] good in his labor. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God." [Ecclesiastes 2:24]
Many people are "stale" and not on the cutting edge because they do NOT enjoy their work. They love God but are lacking the anointing to be a "new sharp threshing instrument." [Isaiah 41:15] The enemy's job is to get you discouraged . . . and then to lose your vision.
If this describes you, I have some good news for you. If you will do what I teach you in this Module 7, things will begin to change. Do some fasting, get alone, and seek God. Then, in the Spirit, tear down the walls that are limiting you. Take your authority, BELIEVE GOD for the things you once desired! Get back on track. Don't give up, and don't take LESS than the best! Let me repeat that:
Remember, if you don't quit, you'll win ... but if you quit, you can't win!
There was a movie several years ago titled "Stuck On You" which starred Matt Damon and Cher. It was about two brothers who were Siamese twins. Finally, the brothers realized they needed to be separated (physically) in order to do what each brother wanted to fulfill in his lifetime. They reached this decision when one brother asked the other, "What is that thing you want to do MOST in the world?" And then he challenged his brother with this admonition: "You have to do it!"
Let me recommend eight (8) steps to take in order to help get you out of your "desensitized spirituality" and into the vortex of God's anointing:
 As much as possible, stop all activity for a while, even ministry.
 Get "loose," relax, and enjoy God.
NOTE: Many times you will be tempted to start a new ministry or outreach right away (while relaxing in your time of rest). That would be like shooting yourself in the foot while you're walking to the hospital. If God has given you NEW ideas or directives, take skeletal notes (or even copious notes if you feel the necessity). Then store the notes for the future time of implementing the project(s). You will find that, as you're relaxing in the sunshine of God's love, an abundance of ideas will come to you.
 Take time to dream.
As we studied in the Introductory Module, Albert Einstein, perhaps the greatest mathematician and physicist of the last century, had two (2) major assets:
• A childlike questioning character (like a four or five-year-old); and,
• An intellectual capacity to think beyond.
I asked you a question in that first module of The Art and Principles of Christian Warfare, "How long has it been since you've asked your Heavenly Father some childlike questions?" Questions like:
• What can you do to reach every nation and tribe for Messiah Yeshua?
• What is the KEY thing you can do that will impact nations the most?
• What are new ways to market the Good News?
• What are some secrets of the universe that nobody knows?
• What do you [God] like about me [yourself] the most?
How long has it been since you:
• Discarded all your ideas about how to minister?
• Researched new trends and cultural evolutionary movements?
• Asked a lost person how they would reach the world for Christ?
• Studied the ants?
• Studied seeds, climatology, and weather patterns?
 Know who you are. Read through the epistles; learn once again WHO you are in Christ and WHAT you have in Christ.
• You have to come to the place, once again, where you KNOW the calling and destiny that has been designed for you before the foundation of the world.
• True holiness, and also true Biblical prosperity, is to KNOW that you're working "hand-in-hand" with God to shake nations for Christ.
• Find the scriptures (rhema) that speak to you concerning your calling and destiny and dwell on them. Speak them to yourself.
• See yourself doing the things involved with your calling and destiny. Image them upon the screen of your mind. See the places and the activities and then THANK God for their fulfillment. Receive them by faith.
 Change your environment (and maybe your friends).
• This is why God sent his servants into different areas, sometimes as a result of hard-times. It's a lot easier if you do it for yourself, with the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Imitational faith, the copying of ministry styles used by others, results in not only lack of creativity, but also "inbreeding" in the Body of Christ. Study more here >>> about Imitational Faith.
• Be yourself . . . be original! Don't be afraid to be different. Study the lifestyles of God's servants through the centuries: in the Bible, and throughout Christian church history. Study Apostle Handley's book: Militant Church History, Copyright 2016 Handley World Services Foundation.
 Re-evaluate your goals.
• Which ones have been accomplished?
• Are there any goals that you feel you should scrap for now, or permanently?
• Which ones are not accomplished yet? Ask yourself:
• Why are they not accomplished?
• Where are you in your time line, or schedule, for their fulfillment?
• What action will you take to implement them in a timely fashion?
• Are there any new goals or projects God wants you to undertake?
• If so, do they fit into the general scheme of your other goals?
• Are they completely separate from your other goals?
 Make your plans fit into God's plans.
The GREATEST ADVICE I can give you concerning your plans is as follows:
IF YOUR PLANS FIT INTO GOD'S PLANS . . .
YOU WILL HAVE GOD'S FAITH . . .
AND GOD'S FAITH ALWAYS WORKS!
Cry out to God and tell Him you want to be used greatly by Him ... that you don't want to come home to Heaven until you've fulfilled, with excellence, your calling and your destiny.
And remember the words of King Solomon: "He that fears God will come forth of them all."
We are to fear God . . . NOT men, demons, or anything else. The enemy knows if he can get you to fear anyone or anything other than God, he can cancel your fear of God and thereby void the operation of wisdom in your life . . . at least temporarily until you become aware of what's happening.
You have to "shut off" the ideas of fear and replace them with IDEAS OF FAITH. Use visual thoughts when you have thoughts of concern. You will eliminate most of Satan's attacks on your mind. You will also destroy Satanic activity in its tracks!
When you have thoughts of fear, replace them with VISUAL THOUGHTS. So when you have thoughts of fear . . . about your family, your possessions, your health, your ministry . . . replace them with VISUAL THOUGHTS. See the Holy Angels ministering to, blessing and guarding your family, your possessions, your health, and your ministry.
By visualizing your thoughts, you can even add emphasis (power and potency) to them by decreeing them. Use the Holy Angels in your thoughts . . . see them helping you. See the BLOOD of Christ over everything God has given you by birth, adoption, and assignment.